HALP! Player Written Articles

Go down

HALP! Player Written Articles Empty HALP! Player Written Articles

Post by Sokai on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:05 pm

As you all know, Eric and I have been working hard on a DJ wiki filled with useful and important channel information. Most of the articles are things we need to write ourselves, as a lot of it is information that's lived in our heads up 'til now. However, there's currently something that YOU, the player, can help us with!

We'd like to include information on what we've done in channel, so we need summaries of dimensions, missions and events that have occured. We will edit submitted articles for content, length, grammar and tone, but some one else doing the bulk of the writing saves us an immeasurable amount of time.

What We Need:

*Summaries of the dimensions and events:
Kingdom Hearts
Star Wars
Octavia (Nate has claimed)
Unpopulated Green Planet (Complete thanks to Chrissy)
Twisted Metal
Star Craft (Complete thanks to Chrissy)
Origold (Claimed by Derek)
Sion (Claimed by Chrissy with help from Heather)
Metal Sonic (1 & 2) (Complete thanks to Chrissy)
The Siege of Seron (Bill has claimed with offer of help from Chrissy)
The Battle with the Naval Pirahna Plant (Chrissy has claimed)
The appearance of Mario Powerups (Chrissy has claimed)

*Descriptions and short backgrounds of NPCs appearing in the above dimensions and events. We're looking at you, player GMs.

*Short articles. Articles should be between 200-800 words except for longer events such as the full months spent in Origold or the plot and action intensive Siege of Seron.

*An encyclopedic tone. While light humor is acceptable, these should be mostly semi-professional sounding (this wiki is a good example). They should also be very non-PC specific, as these are not PC spotlights. Specific PCs should only be mentioned when their role was important to the plot - eg, "As the winner of the Twisted Metal competition, Shaila Viridiant made a deal with the demon Minion" or "During the first encounter with Iru Glacier and Asael Shard, Field Marshal Evan Pryde was killed in the line of duty."

What We Do NOT Need (at this time):

*Articles on any dimensions or events NOT listed above. We very may possibly have more player written content in the future, but to start out we strictly need help with this aspect of the wiki.

*Unsolicited articles or suggestions for articles. Just stick to the requests, please!

*Very long or opinionated articles. Remember, we're going for short, easy to read, and encyclopedic in tone.

Please volunteer to claim a topic in this thread. I'll be keeping an up-to-date master list here. Submissions can be PM'd to me via the forums or email.

Thank you all very much for your willingness to help!

Last edited by Sokai on Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Sokai
Sokai
Admin

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-03-03

View user profile http://djrpg.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

HALP! Player Written Articles Empty Re: HALP! Player Written Articles

Post by Excellen on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:28 pm

Unpopulated Green Planet:

For a couple of weeks, the Blaze of Glory took shore leave on a peaceful planet populated seemingly by nothing but crabs. The crew enjoyed time on the planet's sparkling beaches and verdant forests, as well as some delicious crab meals, but before they could overstay their welcome, an unexpected emergency situation arose.

A large-scale life sign was registered by the Blaze of Glory's systems deep within the planet's system of mountains and caves. When a small group went to investigate, what they discovered was a slowly awakening Tarrasque.

Given the creature's fearsome reputation and the level of damage it was capable of inflicting, it was deemed most prudent for the Blaze of Glory to evacuate the planet and steer clear of the creature entirely. The last thing the Blaze of Glory saw as they left the planet's surface was that same surface being completely devoured and scoured by the now fully awake Tarrasque.

Whether the Tarrasque they wound up facing later in the Void's forces was the same one or not was never fully confirmed.

Excellen

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorJim on Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:29 pm

I'd like to volunteer for the siege of seron.
MajorJim
MajorJim

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Excellen on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:09 pm

I can handle Starcraft and all three Metal Sonic fights.

Excellen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dulkor on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:27 pm

I'll do a write up of Octavia (the Sepsis mission) sometime in the next week or two, time permitting.

Dulkor

Number of posts : 39

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Excellen on Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:08 pm

I also wouldn't mind handling Sion, if Heather doesn't mind.

If any additional contribution is needed for the Siege of Seron, Bill, I'd be happy to lend a hand. I know there were a number of parts which didn't have a lot of witnesses, like the attempted stealth mission, which I never saw the details on.

Excellen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaila on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:56 pm

I will of course do Origold.
Shaila
Shaila

Number of posts : 57