Shadowrun Mission Report Digest

Go down

Shadowrun Mission Report Digest

Post by Excellen on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:02 am

07/22 After-Mission Report

TO: Blaze of Glory Posting Board
CC: Captain Ralf Derrison, Major Jacqueline Egret
BCC: Officer Kass Rooks, Kyte Maser

The following is a summary of events which took place on the Blaze of Glory while in a previously undiscovered Earth analogue dimension on search & rescue assignment. The events occurred on the evening of July 22 by the dimensional standard calendar.

Around roughly 19:33 DST, an unknown source was detected attempting to infiltrate the Blaze of Glory's networks. After several back and forth attempts at blocking the intruder's access, open text-based contact was initiated from the aforementioned intruder's side.

After trading initial greetings, the would-be intruder offered to meet in person with those whom he contacted. He provided a scrambled image as a lead, which was quickly deciphered and shown to be a map of an area of Seattle, Washington, known as the Barrens. A team was assembled to visit the designated location, and they arrived without incident.

Upon arrival, the team met with three independent operatives who referred to themselves with the common term for their manner of undercover work, Shadowrunners. In the course of conversing with them, it was determined that one was a dataminer/information gatherer, one was a mystic, and one was likely to be an expert in the realm of social contacts.

The Shadowrunners were charged with discovering the nature of a suspicious "crashed asteroid." As soon as it had crashed, this asteroid had had its remains carted off by teams from three separate megacorporations. Information was more widely dispersed that the "asteroid" had mostly burned up in orbit. For the record, the corporations involved were allegedly Renraku, Ares, and MCT. They seem to have all been on scene and waiting at the site of the crash when it occurred.

The Shadowrunners had been attracted to the Blaze of Glory's networks by their level of activity in investigating the supposed asteroid crash. They were unable to confirm whether similar parties shared such keen interest, though the likelihood remains quite strong.

Two other interesting coincidences were brought up as possible related events. Very recently, at least two reporters have turned up dead with no explanations forthcoming. In addition, a new Mr. Johnson, the default anonymous name for brokers of discrete jobs, has supposedly been assigning wetworks and sabotage-related jobs to Runners. This Mr. Johnson has no known standard ID or history in this area. Furthermore, he seems to be paying his Runners only in valuable commodities and technology, without offering any standard currency (nuyen).

The group's spokesman, Mit, offered to provide our group with a contact capable of furnishing us with some of the basic necessities required for daily interaction in this particular region, including nuyen, falsified SINs (government IDs), and appropriate electronic equipment. From what Mit says, his contact is involved with street-level arena combat, so if we do wind up dealing with him, we might have to involve ourselves as well.

Overall, Mit was willing to continue to maintain contact with our group in order to better facilitate a working relationship in which he aids us with finding what we need, and we aid him with finding out the information his employer hired him to discover. He will contact us again when he sees fit.

In the meantime, I must stress again the level of discretion that any planetside missions will require. To all of those who intend to volunteer for this work, please allow me to strongly emphasize the fact that discretion is paramount. This means that people absolutely must not act out unnecessarily, or say or do anything which may inadvertently divulge information we do not wish to be made public. Think twice about every word you say and every action you take.

Let us all work together in a deliberate and well thought out manner.

Regards,

Seiya Sumeragi, Blaze of Glory Spiritual Consultant, Paranormal Operations Joint Field Commander

Excellen

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shadowrun Mission Report Digest

Post by Excellen on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:04 am

07/23 After-Mission Report

The following is a summary of events which took place on the Blaze of Glory while in a previously undiscovered Earth analogue dimension on search & rescue assignment. The events occurred on the evening of July 23 by the dimensional standard calendar.

After the previous day's conversations and business agreements, the Blaze of Glory agreed to meet with a contact named Krint who ran a local Seattle Barrens street arena. It was decided that Krint would provide us with necessities in exchange for a night of participation in his arena.

Without going into heavy details on the battles themselves, our challengers won all five of the fights they were faced with. No heavily debilitating injuries were sustained, though medical attention was required afterwards.

Once the fights were successfully finished, we were given six Novatech commlinks, each pre-loaded with a falsified SIN ID, and each able to wirelessly access a bank account shared between them. In addition to these features, the commlinks are also equipped with glasses and gloves designed to utilize the popular local AR (artificial reality) interface. Furthermore, for each fight won out of five, we were awarded 1,000 nuyen, wired directly to our new account.

This brings us to a position where we are much more able to blend in and adapt to this environment, although further actions continue to hinge upon the information our contacts provide.

As far as notes for future missions go, let us pay further attention to the names we choose for ourselves in the future. Aliases are recommended to minimize our chances of attracting undue attention, and for those who use them, it would be appreciated if the names could be reviewed well in advance with other mission participants, to avoid potential confusion at an inopportune moment later. Names may have to change between missions, so please try to avoid growing attached to any.

As always, I look forward to working with all of you further in the future.

Regards,

Seiya Sumeragi, Blaze of Glory Spiritual Consultant, Paranormal Operations Joint Field Commander

Re: 07/23 After-Mission Report

As per Seiya's recommendation, I am posting a brief description of the abilities of my opponent. It is likely that future opponents of this type will use similar tactics and spells.

My opponent used the name Scaris, and was a combat mage of sorts. He carried a heavy pistol and a combat knife, and casted several spells during our battle.

Armor Spell: This spell formed a barrier of tangible force to protect his person. The damage resistance provided by it and his armour in combination made my throwing knives useless against him, but the barrier was broken fairly easily afterward with a strong melee attack.

Manabolt: An offensive spell consisting of a projectile of magical force. Uknown effect, presumed to be painful and dangerous.

Levitate: A simple flight spell that greatly enhanced his mobility.

Increase Reflexes: A spell that greatly boosted my opponent's reaction time and movement speed. Dangerous in combination with Levitation.

Unknown Offensive Spell: His final spell's visual manifestation was a glow around his hand. The effect is unknown.

CC: Captain Ralf Derrison, Major Jacqueline Egret, Seiya Sumeragi

Battle analysis: The nonlethal fights with the various opponents that were arranged by Krint the large yellow-wearing troll metahuman variant were very representative of the varying kinds of opfor we could be facing if we have on-planet conflict with the locals. Given that Ares Macrotechnology and Renraku both have particularly reknowned security arms, Knight Errant and the Red Samurai respectively, an examination of some of the opponents we fought, particular the street samurai, physical adept and combat mage will prove fruitful.

Gangers: Miss La Croix and Cadet Swiftblade engaged street gangers from a local gang known as the Halloweeners. They were heavily armed with close combat weapons like chains, and submachineguns. Due to their status as a gang and thus having some de-facto authority in the redmond area, gangers will be able to carry more weaponry than a typical away team from the Blaze of glory can get away with, at least without attracting law enforcement. The only plus about dealing with gangers is we are likely only to see them in low-security rated areas, like the barrens. The halls of corporations are unlikely to look kindly on heavily armed juveniles of any sort. (Gangers tend not to wear armor, as it is expensive, and they do like their gang fashion statements)

The gangers were familiar with fire and movement tactics and were decently trained combatants, but Cadet Swiftblade and Miss La Croix are far more skilled, and magically adept combatants, and made fairly short work of them, despite Miss La Croix receiving a concussion. Do note, leather jackets are fairly resistant to the impact of gel rounds, so other less-lethal solutions against typical gangers may be preferable. Or headshots. Gangers primarily will pose a threat in large groups, given their level of training, skill, and likelihood that they'll be under the influence of one or more drugs, alcohol, or BTL. Beware the fact they don't conform to legal niceties of how they'll be armed, so expect unsubtle weapons up to and including flamethrowers (A Halloweener specialty apparently). Gangs may include various metatypes, but metahumans such as orks or trolls may form their own "Trog" gangs.

Combat Mage: Visyet engaged a combat mage, who appeared very aware of the draining nature of his magic, and was fairly puissant in his own right, alternating close combat magical attacks, ranged magical attacks, self-enhancement spells including a defensive armor spell and some kind of speed-increasing spell. He was also fairly adept with pistols, but was no match for visyet in close combat.

Some lessons that can be extrapolated from Visyet's engagement follow: 1: Maintaining multiple spells seemed to exhaust the combat mage, allowing Visyet to finish the magus in question once his energy was exhausted.
2: Combat mages appear to be quite willing to use mundane weapons and close combat attacks in conjunction with their formidable spell arsenal, most likely because these don't cause the magical exhaustion, and pulling a trigger is a fairly low-intensity exertion compared to unleashing a combat spell.
3: Magical enhancement of reflexes, strength, and defensive capability can put a mage far past the physical capabilities of a human. Non-enhanced normals who engage them should be aware of this, and react accordingly. Overkill in this regard may in fact be the only kill, so don't hesitate to hit hard and hit brutally. Interrupt or disrupt their spellcasting in some way if possible. It's not fair but neither is this world.
4: Mages know how to fly here. This is going to add a very dangerous dimension to engaging them. Keep your eyes moving and up.

Street Samurai: Hayate engaged a street samurai who was in many ways possibly the most dangerous opponent. He had hand razors and used them to great effect, was equipped with some sort of enhanced body armor, had the cyberware known as wired reflexes that put his reaction time -far- beyond human norm, and was able to seize the initiative virtually at will. He also had cybernetically enhanced strength. Hayate was able to defeat him by using a combination of magic and trickery, using his ability to feign defeat to open up the street Samurai for a punishing rear attack, followed up by a delayed-reaction spell which apparently paralyzed him. From the conversation of my compatriots apparently cybernetic enhancement can render you more vulnerable to spells, so our spellcasters should take note of this.

Corporate security types most likely should be viewed to be at least as skilled as the street samurai in question, and likely not just confining themselves to melee weapons. Expect everything from pistols to heavy weapons like machineguns and assault cannons from the corporation's security staff, who are protected from legal repercussions for their acts due to extraterritoriality, which has previously been touched on. These are going to be deadly single combatants, and fighting groups of them will most likely cause casualties among any team we deploy. Be very, very careful, and coordinate your engagements with them, concentrate on focused takedowns, as these fellows most likely can take multiple shots and keep coming, so you'll want to confirm any defeats.

Large Metahuman: I myself engaged a troll in combat, and was able to glean a few lessons from it. One: Trolls have extremely large body mass and strength, as well as reach. This may seem self evident but bears repeating, if only because of how powerful even a semi-trained one such as the one I faced was. Add cyberware and good combat training and you're looking at a night-unstoppable nightmare of a problem.

Trolls can and will use heavy weapons that are far beyond the capacity of a normal human to bring to a fight. The troll in question utilized a minigun fitted with gel rounds, which actually played to her detriment, as the weapon is fairly unwieldy, and the tough and thick hide of the troll actually made her unable to adjust her aim quickly enough to deal with a fast-closing combatant effectively. She also used a sledgehammer of significant size, relying on her own strength to make a tool of construction into an implement of effective melee combat. Troll skin and hide toughness is extreme, almost as tough as the chitinous plating on a zerg, and is backed up by a far larger bodymass than the average zergling. Gel bullets from anything short of a light machinegun firing bursts are most likely simply going to be laughed off. It gets worse if the troll is enhanced, either by magic or cyber, as previously indicated, but this one was baseline, from what I could tell.

A fit troll isn't as fast as a fit normal human, which in close combat is your one advantage. Exploit it. Similar rules may apply to Orks, but they are closer to human in size and reaction time, so your mileage may vary. They are also not quite as strong or as ridiculously tough-hided as trolls, judging from some attached urban brawl footage I have found (attached footage is a troll and ork squaring off. The ork ends up pulped when he tries to trade punches with the troll)

Physical adept: The physical adept in question was a dwarf metatype, but what is interesting about him was how very fast and skilled he seemed to be. Even more so than street samurai, these fellows push the realms of what seems physically possible. Elenaya defeated him with the use of her force-based abilities, quite gallantly actually. He didn't bother with ranged combat at all, wading in with some sort of high-frequency blade. I haven't seen anything of these advertised, but be aware they are out there and probably are quite nasty.

Advice on the physical adepts is simple enough. If you're a humanoid and not enhanced either magically or cybernetically for close combat, stay at range at all costs. A speeding bullet will negate at least some of the incredible advantages physical adepts have in close quarters fighting.

MajorJim

The event last night, all things considered, came under fairly acceptable circumstances. Rules against fatalities and on-site healing allowed for a potentially profitable setup. However, I'd still like to note that this is arena is a dangerous sport, and the healing on-site is not enough to treat potentially serious injuries - the efforts are meant for stabilizing. Because of that, I'd like to stress that we can't take this potential source of funds for granted.

That said, repeat events such as last night -are- a viable source of funds regardless. My recommendation, should it happen, is establishing a form of rotation to ensure proper burden is efficiently spread. I managed a brief conversation with one of our contacts, Esmere, during the events. She assured our return trip would likely be taken with excitement, and that her and her associates investments in us returning their favor to Krint was not misplaced.

**Video feed from Crono's perspective, coming from his commlink**

«+Esmere Delgado+» *her gestures taper off and she moves a bit closer to him, watching the match with her hands now clasped behind her back*
Crono: "Quite the fight, isn't it?" *not looking at her, could be addressing anyone in the crowd around them*
«+Esmere Delgado+» "Quite. The skill is impressive, especially for fresh blood.." *also not looking at him, smiling slightly*
Crono: "Looks old enough to have his share of experience."
«+Esmere Delgado+» "He'll be a crowd pleaser, a natural and at that age, too."
Crono: "Crowd pleaser indeed. But one has to wonder if there is any attention one should be hesitant of drawing."
Crono: *looooooks about the crowd a little, as if that's a question*
«+Esmere Delgado+» *also gives a casual glance to the crowd* "Being in the slums, one should always watch their backs, though no more than normal. This venue allows most of them to vent off their aggression." *speaking quietly, only enough to be heard above the roar of the crowd and the pounding industrial music; also sounding quite a bit more educated than the majority of the locals*
Crono: "Of course." *takes a moment to let that thought settle* "But some can't just be here for venting. I'm curious why else one might be." *ever slight head tilt -her- way*
Crono:*and then tilts it the other way, and then goes back and forth, just adjusting his neck in comfort*
«+Esmere Delgado+» *offers a slight shrug, not seeming to look directly at him, only out of the corner of her eyes in his direction* "A few come in the hopes of padding their accounts. One can make quite a profit from this sort of thing, from the matches and the attendees."
Crono: "Well, hopefully the observers become satisfied with their investments, then."
«+Esmere Delgado+» "I believe a few wise ones have been made this night, yes, omae." *smiles a bit more at that*
Crono:*lets his lips curl slightly in turn, and gives a general look of 'content', otherwise silent*
«+Esmere Delgado+» *quiet for a few moments, then idly comments* "Looks as if the Dusk will have it. I wonder if any of this fresh blood will be returning."
Crono:"If they need the money, I don't see why they wouldn't. These events are common, no?"
«+Esmere Delgado+» "Quite common, yes. I imagine the fans would have a warm reception for them as well."
Crono: "Then I'm sure they'll plan on it."
«+Esmere Delgado+» *smiles* "Good. Looking forward to that show."
Crono: "Until then?"
«+Esmere Delgado+» "Until then, omae." *nods a bit, smiling lightly, walking off into the crowd and getting lost easily within it*
Crono:*says nothing more, staying put, just keeps staring out in the crowd lookin' for parties looking too curiously at the crew across the way*

Crono

Excellen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Excellen on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:05 am

07/24 After-Mission Report

The following is a summary of events which took place on the Blaze of Glory while in a previously undiscovered Earth analogue dimension on search & rescue assignment. The events occurred on the evening of July 24 by the dimensional standard calendar.

The event began after receiving word with the Blaze's local Runner contacts. Prior knowledge had been established that our best lead, the 'asteroid' that had crashed into Puget Sound, had been recovered by three separate Megacorps: Ares, Renraku, and MCT. It was also revealed that, for some reason, Renraku exhibited readiness at that crash site that the other two lacked in slightly, enough to give the potential appearance that it was expecting the crash. Given the size of the load recovered by Ares, it was assumed whatever had been taken by them was still being held at their docks within the Sound, due to no appropriately sized carriers arriving to take it away. This fact was confirmed this afternoon, thanks to Major Egret's collaboration with the runners. Signs in the end pointed us to a specific warehouse. As the crew planned to make its move, however, startling news arose.

During the process of planning our entry, the runners contacted us yet again with the bad news. Three freight trucks arrived mid-planning to take the cargo elsewhere, and due to the expediency of the situation, one left with a large convey of Knight Errant APC's before any retrieval was possible. In response, the Blaze of Glory made a decisive move onto the docks before the final two could make their exit. The crew dropped via paddled boats from the Astral Wind to prevent noisy frontal intrusion while our contact assured that all camera and outgoing communications signals showed in the clear for the duration of our mission.

Proper coordination made swift work of local defenses, silencing all outer patrol before making a breach into the warehouse itself. Security was taken out without injury, leading to our discovery. Inside the warehouse was its tarp-covered findings - hull pieces of the Endymion, as well as 20 of the 75 prisoner Stasis Pods expected. The runner network specialist, Mit, managed to procure a contents manifest for the entire load. By process of elimination from the full list, it was discovered the first truck is likely to have carried the remaining 55 pods, as well as water-damaged hardware from the vessel.

As we prepared to make our exit, however, further conflict arose. Two Shadowrunners of yet another party arrived at the warehouse, sparking conflict without provocation. One of them, Crimson Claw, had been a previous opponent during the recent arena event. The second, 'Cole', by reference of Crimson Claw, was the other. During the fight, a third was also revealed, Nic, a 'techomancer' by Cadet Swiftblade's recognition of local conspiracy study, capable of hacking devices purely by talent of his mind. He cut out our communications until he was dealt with, currently held within our brig under special security, and the other two were unfortunate casualties. With time becoming an issue by this point, haste was made in planting charges to destroy the final pieces of Endymion evidence in the warehouse, and the 20 recovered Prisoner Pods have been stowed on the Blaze. Regular checks ensuring the Stasis system's stability will be made to ensure no issues arrive of their presence.

Upon return, contact was once again established with Mit and the other runners to discuss our next goals. With the footage he received on behalf of his employer, little could be done to hide answers to all questions. It was enough to show that the crash had indeed been some form of vessel, and that passengers had been recovered. However, Mit has been kind enough to keep his contact with us silent from his employer, a Herr Brauchaus, in order to prolong business relations. With the Ares manifest revealed, Herr's request is that the runners gather a similar manifest of the other two corporations, as well as work to establish contact with the 'space beings' seen at the warehouse (us). The runners have yet again seen cooperation as convenient means for furthering their mutual interests, and have agreed to continue assisting us. This has left us with several avenues of further deviation.

* As a show of good faith, Mit has offered us the address of the destination for the third and final truck that escaped us today, having been trailed by a drone through his efforts. We may end up having to consider ourselves on our own for this recovery, however, as the runner's employer has already found out what was contained within, given the same manifest as us. The location points to a skyrise within the Seattle downtime area.
* No investigation has yet been taken still of the initial suspicious 'Mr. Johnson' who was new and recently acting in the area, funding through foreign tech alone.
* The attack by another group of runners pointed to at least one further interested party in all of this conflict, one now aware of our presence as well. We'll be working to tap into these runners recovered commlinks to decipher their recent contacts and hopefully give us an edge in tracking our competition before they make another move on us. Interrogation of our recovered prisoner, Nic, may also further this process.
* Mit is continuing to tap leads into the two other Megacorp recoveries. Hopefully, if we find out who our competition is as well, we can tap into their leads and pick up from there. If not, we'll be relying on network access to the local data haven, still being worked up, or anything Mit comes up with.

Footage of the conflict tonight has been uploaded to the Blaze's database. Any further questions of tonight can be directed to myself or Field Commander Egret for details.

-Crono Arinborn, Blaze of Glory Chief Science Officer

Excellen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Excellen on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:07 am

07/26 After-Mission Report

The following is a summary of events which took place on the Blaze of Glory while in a previously undiscovered Earth analogue dimension on search & rescue assignment. The events occurred on the span of July 26 by the dimensional standard calendar.

These events spawned as a direct result of our confrontation with the local runner crew consisting of Shadowrunners by the names of Crimson Claw, Cole, and Nic. As prior mentioned, the first two were unfortunate casualties, and the third was taken prisoner for his assault. Taken along with them was their commlinks. Forcing access on the commlink of Crimson Claw revealed much of the situation, given he recorded most of his important events and meetings through his cybervision, given his capabilities as a 'Street Samurai'. By reviewing this footage within a relevant time span, a few key points came into light.

First, the meeting with a mysterious 'Mr. Johnson' detailing the goal and conditions of their mission, the very one that drew into confrontation with us. Johnson only expressed immediate interest in retrieving the 'black pods' from the Ares warehouse, and offered their reward in the form of precious metals and foreign weaponry. Upon analysis, this weaponry was identified as a plasma pistol that couldn't hope to pass as something from this world. The connection was obvious - this was very likely the same Mr. Johnson that had been reported about in the area. With the visual profile to work off of, we were able to narrow down that he was -not- one of the Endymion crew nor prisoners. From there, the most likely answer meant Void operative. The meeting also contained information for the drop off point, as well as a commlink contact number for when the retrieval was to be made. With all this information in hand, the Blaze made its move.

After impersonating the voice of Crimson Claw, arranges were made to drop off the pods at an abandoned, wrecked apartment complex in the Puyallup Barrens, not far off of the Seattle area. We loaded our team into the Freight recovered from the Ares docking station and moved out. Our prisoner, Nic, agreed to assist us in putting on a good show in return for his later release. We made a hastened arrival to make it within the allotted time, and waited.

Unfortunately, the Void was expecting our effort. Fortunately, that didn't make them anymore prepared. After handling an ambush, we successfully returned to the Blaze with their local equipment and two prisoners with no significant loss to speak of. On top of that, our cooperator was successfully released unharmed. We'll be working to gather information on their foothold via commlink tampering and negotiation with the parties obtained. A small subset of crew stayed behind to evaluate the scene of the ambush.

From our findings, we believe the ambush was setup early, and not a response to on-site suspicions. The payment agreed upon for the arrangement was not about, either, further proving that either betrayal or expectancy of our presence was the case. Given that there were already reports of successful interactions with this new Mr. Johnson, however, it further points to make the claim that the Void was expecting us, and not attempting to betray and presumed runners. In final support of this, after reviewing further files of Crimson Claw's commlink, their initial discussion took place close to the scene of the arena during our visit.

In follow up of this report will be an assessment of the magical forces used on the scene, given study of the residuals left. Discussion of reaction will be posted publicly along with several updates of recent events within the network discussion board.

Re: 07/26 After-Mission Report

Two of the four soldiers working for the Void were spellcasters. They did not last through the duration of the fight. However, I did learn a small amount from their actions. To start with, they seemed to be as much at odds with existing mana patterns as we are. Because of this, it was relatively easy to trace the irregularities generated by their magical signatures.

Their style of casting was very similar to that of the Agamemnon, though the one spell which was actually cast was intended to blind an opponent, rather than the typical attack spells that the Agamemnon was so fond of using.

It would seem as though the Void trains its operatives in a specific tradition, one whose origins remain vague. My hope is that further ongoing research with the Mammon Machine recovered from the Agamemnon will help to uncover the true nature of this magical tradition, and the full extent of its capabilities.

Re: 07/26 After-Mission Report

A few further notes about the void forces engaged:
They had local weapons known as XM-8 assault rifles, and their own commlinks as well. We have confiscated the assault rifles and I've put them in Cadet Swiftblade's hands to prepare them for further outbound missions since they are local, and as far as slugthrowers go have excellent technical specifications for assault missions.

Marshal Ravess is presently attempting to crack the commlinks so we can access any information or bank account information that is attached to them. They also may have SINs attached.

The apparent head of the Void forces engaged was a flesh-encased version of the metallic troops the Void has previously deployed. It was demolished by an anti-vehicular grenade so detailed analysis will be difficult, but this begs the question of if further human-infiltration mechanized void units are extant. Any mission teams we deploy should be wary of particularly bullet-resistant void operatives, and have at least some concealable or semi-concealable anti-vehicular weapons to account for these machines.

Excellen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Excellen on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:09 am

07/29 After-Mission Report

The following is a summary of events which took place on the Blaze of Glory while in a previously undiscovered Earth analogue dimension on search & rescue assignment. The events occurred on July 29 by the dimensional standard calendar.

Through our primary contact, we found out the specific building in which the cargo from one of the trucks from the Endymion's crash site was being stored. The building and truck both belonged to a AAA-class megacorporation called Ares. The cargo itself was believed to be the remainder of prisoner stasis pods from the Endymion that were still unrecovered.

When determining how to approach this situation, it was decided that our usual preferred tactic of discrete infiltration would be of limited success against a building under such heavy security, so we opted for a rooftop approach with a full loadout of equipment. Our plan was to enter through the roof, get to the locked down floors in the building, secure the goods we came for, and get them to the roof using the building's cargo elevator. At that point, we would use the Blaze of Glory's transporter systems for evacuation.

However, before Ziranathz could even teleport us to the roof to begin our forcible infiltration, alarms in the building began going off. We were concerned over the possibility of Void operatives going after the same cargo, and in addition, the alert status presented us with an excellent point of distraction, so we wasted no further time and moved in.

Once in the complex, we were able to get control of the elevator and rooftop cameras without drawing any undue attention. We made it safely ten stories down to our target floor, 40, and encountered a situation of ongoing active combat there.

The Knight Errant security guards Ares employed were locked in fierce battle with a foe we couldn't see from our vantage point. They fell with throwing knives embedded through their helmets. At first, we tried to see if we could move the cargo we wanted while the fight was going on and everyone was distracted, but when security systems made this impossible, we had no further choice but to deal with all opponents present.

When we found a set of empty stasis pods, we were able to better confirm the situation. It turned out that a dimensional criminal known as Ten Count had been released, along with five of his henchmen, and was causing a security threat. He ignored initial entreaties to Give In, and apparently was not ready to Say Goodbye Again, because he attacked us all right Off the Wall. He was a veritable Speed Demon, and left quite a number of us Threatened. His defenses seemed Unbreakable. That said, once we were able to Get him to Fall Again on the Floor, he was subdued without further Trouble.

His henchmen fell to a combination of our bullets and Ten Count's own throwing knives. In the course of the fight, we also had to deal with a constant stream of gun drones sent by Ares in an effort to subdue everyone involved. There were a number of badly injured Knight Errants in addition to this, but Major Foster was able to stabilize many of those before further aid arrived.

With Ten Count apprehended and all prisoner stasis devices secured, we were able to get safely beamed back on board the Blaze of Glory thanks to their transport systems.

With the completion of this mission, all known Ares cargo has now been securely retaken, aside from the Endymion hull plating that the company was also keeping. This leaves Renraku and MCT, which will require further leads before we can follow up on their activities. Crono will be discussing our current prospects at greater length in a separate thread after this.

Excellen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Excellen on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:09 am

08/04 After-Mission Report

The following is a summary of events which took place on the Blaze of Glory while in a previously undiscovered Earth analogue dimension on search & rescue assignment. The events occurred on the evening of August 4th by the dimensional standard calendar.

Tonight, we were encouraged to come join our local contacts, Mit and Esmere, in meeting their employer, a representative Herr Brauchaus, a local term for those hiring for Sauder-Krupp. We prepared our guise under the promise that Mit had done his best to hide his interactions with us, prepared to present ourselves as a Runner group of our own. The extent of what we knew of their relation, however, had been a lie.

Within minutes of our dinner meeting, Mit's employer revealed that Mit and Esmere worked directly for him, and had shared everything with us from the start. To make matters immediately more overwhelming, this man was no mere representative for the megacorp. In fact, he wasn't even a man, based on the identity he gave. He revealed himself as Lofwyr - CEO, President, and sole ownder of Saeder-Krupp Heavy Industries.

With his deeper connection to Mit revealed, any hope of hiding ourselves was quickly tossed aside. He knew we were transmitting from orbit, on completely foreign signals. He knew what crashed into the Puget Sound, to some extent. And he also knew what we recovered from the Ares' station, given that Mit was the one who was able to steal and provide us with their manifest. Even beyond the obvious, he was also quick to recognize and play off of our situation. Given our efforts to keep our footprint small and unnoticed, he inferred we were only here for the crash - simply put, if we had any intentions of diplomatic relations, we'd have gone about our approach differently.

Given all of this insight, we were placed in a situation it would have been unwise not to explain ourselves in. We filled in our details for him, who we were, and what we came representing, as well as our goals of recovering the crew from the crash. With this final insight offered, he extended his offer in turn. I'll let his words speak for themselves.

**A link to a brief sound clip is attached**
{{Lofwyr}} "I am willing to provide you with as much assistance as I can, barring anything that would start an open war, in exchange for a simple request. When your negotiators arrive, they will contact me."
{{Lofwyr}} "Saeder-Krupp with open the initial negotiations and bring them before the Corporate Court. At which point broader work can begin."
{{Lofwyr}} "With my company gaining a substantial lead in the new political situation."
{{Lofwyr}} "In return, I can offer you equipment, safehouses, safe ports, intelligence and... should matters escalate as I fear they might, soldiers."

He locked our position well, with the flow of the discussion. Up to this point, all of our leads have branched from contact with Mit. To decline that future relationship would put us in the dark if our branches lead us to a dead end, and given our explanation of searching for a crew of the crash, it was inferred time was not a luxury we could afford. The Blaze of Glory and its crew is fully aware of the role and responsibilities of its assigned task here, and that accepting this condition is far beyond usual principle of balanced contact to a new realm.

Regardless of that, weighed against the lives of those on the Endymion, we accepted. Authority of this decision, in lack of any higher present at the time, falls to Field Commander Seiya Sumeragi with full backing and support by myself, Crono Arinborn. As an immediate result of this, we gained valuable, though unfortunate insight of the developing situation.

We were first presented with a photo of on Toshihiro Shinzeki, one of Renraku America's vice presidents. He was meeting with someone that, by all of their information, had not existed on the planet until a few days before the Endymion's crash. The immediate assumption become Void operative. When we shared this concern and further insight with Lofwyr, he provided evidence that further supported this theory in the form of satellite footage. The footage was of the Renraku ship that was awaiting the Endyiomion's crash. Aboard was the wreckage of a Marshalship shuttle, but on top of that, operatives wearing Void colors. It is likely Renraku was prepared for the crash solely because of outside Void warning and dealing.

So as not to jump to conclusions, it should be pointed out that this is not concrete evidence that the entirety of the corporation is working alongside the Void. Given the setting it wouldn't be out of place to muse this might be some potential strive for opportunity by the aforementioned Vice President for a rise in power. It does, however, limit some of our options, now that we've been made more aware of the situation.

While rescue of the crew of the Endymion remains priority, the means of which we do so might be best handled through separation of involved parties. If we make a move on Renraku or any sect handled through this VP's influence without proper precaution, we may put them in the position to present us as aggressors to the Court with the Void's word as their backing and cause far more harm than good as a result.

We will coordinate our coming efforts now with these possibilities in mind, weighing our goals against potential hazardous outcomes. Further discussion will be presented elsewhere. A final note of the meeting that should be brought to attention is the fact that Lofwyr offered us orbital entry codes to appear as a vessel of one of his space subsidiaries. Whether or not we choose to use this will come at our discretion, easier movement at the cost of putting further faith our agreement with Lofwyr.

Further updates will be made available as the situation develops.

-Crono Arinborn, Blaze of Glory Chief Science Officer

Excellen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Excellen on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:10 am

08/11 After-Mission Report

The following is a summary of events which took place on the Blaze of Glory while in a previously undiscovered Earth analogue dimension on search & rescue assignment. The events occurred since the prior update of August 4th.

BULK UPDATE

The first subject to tie off loose ends to is the Navigation Systems recovery from MCT. Their facility, revealed to us from our database infiltration there, was vastly underground, its front being an older, rundown complex on the surface. To scare off further potential investigations, its front was protected by and bound within the turf of a local gang group of Halloweeners. However, as we were about to make our move in recovery, once again something unexpected happen. Commotion grew into an all out brawl as yet another group of gangers arrived on the scene, engaging the Halloweeners and throwing the entire area into chaos. Fearing this as some instigated effort to cause a distraction from another party, we made our move to take advantage of the distraction ourselves and enter swiftly.

As expected, there was another infiltration party - Void. Their troops had cleared out the entire facility of innocence by the time we caught up to the bulk of their group. They were mid-process of recovering the Endymion's navigation systems when we were finally able to confront them. The skirmish left us with several more Void trooper prisoners, and pitted us again a rather fearsome Void operative - Lady Dracaena. Once victory for our side was obvious, however, she took flight through some means of teleporting transport. We were able to gather the Navigation systems data stores, and sabotage the rest beyond becoming a source of potential compromise.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The following update stems from our encounter on August 10th. We made our move into the Ork Underground to spark a meeting with Lazlo, a reclusive fixer known to have both ties with Renraku and with the Void's operative who had been posing as a Mr. Johnson. We found him far off from the regularly traveled tunnels beneath, sealed off for his own defense. Within moments of making our move on him, our mutual parties were ambushed by a force known as the Red Samurai. These operatives, reputed among the best of Renraku's personal forces, had presumably come to tie off their loose ends of information trailing with Lazlo's death. We were able to cease their advance and ensure Lazlo's safety in the process, though we were forced to bring Lazlo aboard as a result due to our inability gather information from him on-site, as well as pending injuries that needed immediate tending.

In exchange for saving his life, however, he was quite cooperative. He shared with us his own personal digging on the situation. From him, we learned of the location where Renraku had taken its piece of the Endymion's recoveries, to a hangar at the Sea-Tac airport owned by a Renraku subsidiary. It was also learned that not only was Lady Dracaena from our prior encounter seen there often, but also the man last seen to be meeting with one of Renraku's VP's, whom he identified as 'Decantes'. Lazlo also stressed, that if they were taking measure to tie off their loose ends now, they were likely getting ready to move their cargo out of the city.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Yet another moment of critical timing came upon us with this information. Our contact, Metzger (Mit), was able to provide us immediate visuals on the hangar and the area in question. As we were preparing to make our move, they were already loading both the Endymion's crew into a passenger VTOL, and something else into a larger cargo one. Forced to act quickly, we teleported directly into the scene, creating an immediate chaos.

Unfortunately, things deteriorated quickly against our favor. We were able to disperse the initial wave of guards. But the VTOL was in position to make a quick take off, and almost all of our joint efforts went towards securing it with its passengers before anything else. However, as a result of this, Lone Star was able to arrive on the scene when we caused a bigger commotion than we initially planned, forcing our exit without taking care of the cargo vessel still waiting.

Several issues came as a result of this encounter.

* First, given Damon Decantes' preparation with Holy Bullets against some of our crew, it seems the Void has linked our presence to our specific profiles. They know its the Blaze of Glory, here, and they're taking specific counter measures with that in mind.
* Given the method which we used to secure the passanger VTOL, we drew the attention of the outside security party Lone Star, which threatened to quickly overwhelm us. This forced us to leave the cargo VTOL, and what we later found was inside by Metzger's information, was that they had in fact recovered the Endymion's Dimensional Jump drive. Renraku is likely to make a claim of the attempted 'theft' from them, and in the meantime, the device remains in the Court's custody.
* An alternative to having the device leaked to the greater public, or falling into Renraku's grasp once more, Metzger suggested we give them some proof that they could make a claim that Renraku stole the device from -them-. The only documentation strong enough for that is the schematics for the D-jump drive itself. As the preferred alternative to other exposures, I gave them that proof - the Drive's schematics. I will take personal responsibility of this decision.
* Damon Decantes, during the encounter, had a strange ability to create clones of himself fully capable of taking offense against us. When we returned, we found that four of the Endymion crew members were not whom we initially thought. Four of his clones had posed as them, infiltrating the ship. They were dealt with swiftly, but some further compromise may have been established. On top of that, it means we are now still missing four hostages. Our work concerning that is far from over.

Any further questions can be posed to the parties involved last night, or myself of Ms. Sumeragi.

-Crono Arinborn

Excellen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Excellen on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:32 am

08/12 After Mission Report, Final Conclusions

CC: Captain Ralf Derrison

The following is a summary of events which occurred on the evening of August 12, by the Dimensional Standard Calendar. These events occurred while on assignment in a previously undiscovered world to rescue the crew of the vanished Endymion.

While seeking to track the remaining four members of the Endymion's crew that remained unrescued, we received notification from a Saeder-Krupp messenger of two key events which had taken place.

The first event was that there was allegedly an explosion at the storage facilities of the Lone Star security agency that had taken the D-jump drive the night before. We later confirmed that this was the D-jump drive itself exploding, courtesy of Damon Decantes, who had rigged it beforehand.

The second event was that there was an ongoing hostage situation involving the four Endymion crewmembers whom we had yet to rescue. Once contact was established with the party holding the hostages, it was confirmed that Damon Decantes had stayed behind on his own, sending the other Void forces off, and that he had taken it upon himself to eliminate the Renraku vice president he had been working with and whom had started the hostage situation in the first place.

After speaking with Damon, it was agreed upon that a prisoner exchange would be conducted, wherein we would exchange our current four Void soldier prisoners for the four Endymion crewmembers he held. In return, after the exchange, we would engage his forces (himself, primarily) in battle.

He held true to his side of the commitment and turned over all four Endymion crewmembers in good faith. In return, we turned over the Void soldiers. After this, he and his soldiers initiated a fight, as per our agreement. Our team from the Blaze of Glory remained to fight him while the hostages were returned to safety, and we also had significant backup from a Saeder-Krupp strike force.

In the course of the battle, it was confirmed that the actual Damon Decantes was not present in this world, and that the dozens of clones we faced were, in fact, all clones, with no original in sight. Damon's primary clone was unable to withstand the widespread destruction of dozens of his own selves, and finally gave up the battle.

After he gave up, and before his primary clone fell apart, he transferred a datapad to our custody, one which contained an untouched Marshalship D-jump drive schematic, some Void satellite information, and an interface for the Mammon Machine we took from a Void ship some months ago. With the destruction of his primary clone, all Void presence on the world was confirmed gone.

That marks the Blaze of Glory's mission as accomplished, but there is still one large remaining loose end - the D-jump drive schematics which were entrusted to Saeder-Krupp's custody. Lofwyr, the gold dragon CEO of Saeder-Krupp, has agreed to return them and eliminate all other copies as the Marshalship sees fit, but only once his initial agreement with us has been fulfilled. The schematics will be held as insurance until such time as Saeder-Krupp has had the opportunity to introduce CoRe and the Marshalship to their world's Global Court.

This establishes clear conditions under which CoRe's diplomatic representatives will be expected to work. I, Seiya Sumeragi, and Crono Arinborn, both accept full responsibility for the consequences of the situation that we have placed CoRe in as a result. Such a situation will not be allowed to happen a second time.

This has been a long digest of mission reports, but this marks the end of it. Thank you for your undivided attention.

-Seiya Sumeragi, Blaze of Glory Spiritual Consultant, Paranormal Operations Joint Field Commander

Excellen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum