Void-Related Project (Confidential)

Go down

Void-Related Project (Confidential)

Post by Excellen on Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:24 am

TO: Blaze of Glory Posting Board
SUBJECT: Void-Related Project (Confidential)

To the Blaze of Glory,

I am starting a small, ongoing interview project soon with Mr. Deimos, a commander from the Void. My goal is to learn more fine details about the Void, and to get a better understanding of the people within it, from a secondhand standpoint. To this end, I would like to hear suggestions for questions to ask Mr. Deimos.

Are there things which anyone in the crew would like to know about the Void, or about its people, principles, structure, etc.? Please feel free to ask those questions here, and I'll choose appropriate ones to ask Mr. Deimos when we speak. I'll post the results in this thread, and get more followup questions afterward, on a continual basis.

I only have two requests for those reading this thread. First, please avoid unnecessary inflammatory comments. Second, please keep this matter confined to the Blaze of Glory for the time being. Since this is only the initial stage, I would rather wait until all material is gathered and properly arranged before releasing it to the public.

Thank you for your attention.

~Genevieve May Nadia Lilianne~

Excellen

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Void-Related Project (Confidential)

Post by The Friend on Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:03 am

TO: Genevieve
SUBJECT: The Void questionnaire.

There are several things that I would like to know. The first being why a child is handling something this information sensitive.

The second is this: What makes them think that they are able to pass judgment on other mortal lives when they are following a simple mortal who thinks he’s a god. It’s odd to me, since I have seen people take up causes and go into blind martyrism for less, but for that many people to blindly follow something as fundamentally wrong as this ‘Ideal’ is baffling to me. Its logic is the ramblings of an egotist and serves as something of a thought experiment as to why a man will never have the power he wishes to have.

The idea of this ‘Ideal’ is also something that I want to know about. I would like for you to ask him what this is and what it means to him and the others. I’ve seen better rhetoric printing in collegian notebooks than within this so-called ‘Ideal.’ That is not defamatory.

I would like for you to ask him why this organization that seeks to bring order to the multiverse , a task so impossible that simply stating it makes one look like a fool, names itself ‘the Void?’ A void is the absence of everything. The essence of nothingness. Order comes from structure and integrity, yet he names it after a word that means ‘Nothing.’ The qualia of the word is meant to instill emptiness, not order. The discrepancy in the naming makes me wonder why anybody’s ever followed him at all.

Ask him if there are people within their faction that understand how impossible his task is? Surely, there are some people with critical insight within the Void that are capable of coming to the conclusion that what he seeks is truly and utterly impossible. The very meaning of the word, at that.

And finally ask him if he truly believes that Reven thinks he can do what he sat out to do. I’ve repeatedly harped on this, but this is what I really want to know. Did he think that a being, a mortal, a thing that’s worth nothing in the grand scheme of reality could ever hope to fully realize every facet and nuance of the multitudinous nature of the multiverse?

No man, no mortal, no being naturally rooted in nature’s cycle of life could ever hope to understand a fraction of what existence is. Sapience and sentience is simply the Universe trying to learn of itself, yet even the task in which nature has set out for them to do is impossible as well. Did he think he could beat nature at her own game? The Universe abides.

This has run long and I’m not usually one to type so much. I hope you can answer these for me.

Signed,

The Ziz
The Friend
The Friend

Number of posts : 19
Tagline : Let's Play.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaila on Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:18 am

Do people often make attempts on Verse's life to try to gain her rank? I heard that people try to do that a lot there, backstab each other to gain better standings. Would that stand with Reven?
Shaila
Shaila

Number of posts : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Excellen on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:45 pm

I will address some of these directly, first.

The Friend wrote:FROM: The Ziz
TO: Genevieve
SUBJECT: The Void questionnaire.

There are several things that I would like to know. The first being why a child is handling something this information sensitive.

This is an informal project designed to learn more general information about the Void. When I say it's a sensitive project, that simply means that it could offend people, not that any information in it is actually confidential. I trusted this ship with feedback because I know that the people on this ship are mature about it.

Ask him if there are people within their faction that understand how impossible his task is? Surely, there are some people with critical insight within the Void that are capable of coming to the conclusion that what he seeks is truly and utterly impossible. The very meaning of the word, at that.

What you treat as undeniable fact is something which is up for serious debate among others. I will rephrase this question when I ask it.

The rest of your questions are very valid concerns that I will ask him at the first opportunity I get. Thank you for your very detailed input.

Excellen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Friend on Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:59 am

Excellen wrote:I will address some of these directly, first.

What you treat as undeniable fact is something which is up for serious debate among others. I will rephrase this question when I ask it.

The rest of your questions are very valid concerns that I will ask him at the first opportunity I get. Thank you for your very detailed input.

There is no debate. It is impossible. Improbable. Unobtainable. A mortal will never obtain any such power. If they had, we wouldn't be having this conversation via the internet due to the fact that time isn't linear. If any man had succeeded at this, this reality would not exist because he would have already won and would already exist in all spacetime and all realities, something the Universe cannot support or allow.

If said thing ever happened, there would no longer be a point in which he obtained his powers. He would have already had his powers, therefore rendering all arguments regarding if it is possible moot. There never would have been a Point A to Point B to Point C. Simply, none of this would be. Anybody who argues otherwise needs to take a basic course in Causality and fired from their job.

So, please ask my question in the way it's worded. It's the truth.

Signed,

The Ziz
The Friend
The Friend

Number of posts : 19
Tagline : Let's Play.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Excellen on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:42 pm

Understood. I'll do as you request for this.

Excellen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Excellen on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:34 pm

The following is a transcription of the questions and responses from our interview.

Q: Then, before I get to any of the questions I received from the ship, I'd like to start with some simple background. You come from the Pokemon world, which is a peaceful one, not at war. How did you first encounter the Void?

A: Very simply, the Void encountered us. I'd come to a small outpost the Void had set up on that world - it was something like recruitment, I guess you could say. ...it didn't last very long because it attracted a lot of the wrong kinds of people. But I was one of the ones that stayed.

Q: Could you elaborate a bit on the recruitment outpost, if you don't mind? Who was there, and how did they attract the attention of the people?

A: I didn't know any of the people by name that were there. Primarily they just...talked. Answered questions, I guess a lot like you'd expect. About the Ideal, but about the outside multiverse, too. War, weaponry, what was wrong out there...and space. Space cinched it for some of us.

Q: And that's how it attracted what you refer to as the wrong sorts?

A: Yeah. People that were all 'well, we're bad guys, so we're clearly going with these shady looking guys that're trying to stop the law here!' You know?

Q: Then, what was it that first attracted you, in spite of this?

A: I think it was just that the Ideal was so...different. The space was originally what sold me, but the Ideal's just so much...different. Cyrus had something, I think, outwardly similar, but he was ignorant and was in it for himself, which was against everything at the Ideal's core, otherwise.

Q: Going by this, do you think that if the Marshalship had approached your city first, you might have been attracted to the same concepts?

A: I don't really know, to be sure. The Marshalship itself doesn't really do anything... different, I don't think, at its core. It's just bigger, on a more global scale. But I can't say with absolute certainty that that it wouldn't have been different.

Q: This leads into one of the questions I was given by our crew. Could you take the time to elaborate on exactly what your perception of the Ideal is, and what it means to you?

A: Okay. ...I should keep in mind that this is very personal to me - this may not be how the Ideal's spoken by Reven, or even how the Void as a whole practices the belief. But I can try. The Ideal is the belief that one must put the stability and progression of the multiverse as a whole above not only oneself, but everyone period. That is to say, the stability of the multiverse comes first, then the stability of sentient civilization, then the independent civilizations, then individual groups, then individuals. It's looking at the big picture - beyond just what may happen today or tomorrow.

Q: Have you yourself, as a Void representative, ever encountered a situation that required prioritization of multiversal stability over anything else? Do you know of any such situations in the Void's history?

A: Yes - at least one that I can think of. A leyline rift was located within an individual planet - that of an Earth. The rift was unable to be repaired as long as the Earth remained, and this particular Earth was under CoRe protection. As far as I'm aware, CoRe wouldn't let the Void near it, and the Void wouldn't - or couldn't - fix the leyline rift without a complete evacuation. As I recall, Reven gave a three hour notice - then the Void attacked, with both sides attempting to evacuate as many people as possible in the skirmish. After three hours, Reven detonated the planet and repaired the rift. The rift itself was an indeterminable amount of time away from rending the dimension itself unstable - it could have, if left as it was, collapsed the entire dimension.

Q: Is that the only such situation of which you're aware?

A: There's others, but none I really feel comfortable giving details on because I don't accurately remember the details. I don't want to give anything misleading.

Q: Then, do you agree with the decisions made in such situations?

A: With the case there...I honestly don't believe one common method can be applied to every situation. CoRe officials have stated in the case before, for example, that they would have managed a solution in due time if Reven hadn't showed up, but there's no proof on how or when, or if the dimension itself could have collapsed before that, even if left alone.

Q: So you think it's debatable?

A: Most things are. I don't *like* it, obviously, when a world's destroyed because of that. I don't think any of us cackle inwardly. None of these are easy decisions because there's all sorts of reasons against and for both ways.

Q: I'm going back to the issue of the Ideal itself, now. Can you give me your impression of how Reven's view of the Ideal, or other people's view of the Ideal, may differ?

A: Reven's Ideal follows it to the point of inhumanity. I think he believes that if he were humane, the Ideal wouldn't be followed. The multiverse comes before everything. If sentience got to the point that there was no hope for it at all, and it would doom the multiverse just by existing, he'd want every sentient being eliminated. He doesn't care what he does, or what atrocities he commits, because if he achieves the Ideal - that is to say, if he reaches that unreachable utopia - then everything's worth it. A lot of people don't believe in that extreme. Some say it's because Reven himself is insane - the Space Gift allegedly lets the holder see everything in existence, if only glimpses. If the multiverse is truly infinite, it's been constant sensory overload since day one. And since then he's gotten it, he's practiced and spoken of the Ideal.

As far as I'm aware, belief in the Void has always been in a constant state of shifting. At first, the Void was Reven, his Right Hand Raven, and other mercenaries that didn't ask questions, didn't do anything but what they were told, and people that signed on just to get close to him, to try and kill him for the Gift. But then, gradually, people started to believe. I don't know where it started - they couldn't have all been like me, but some were. The Ideal was new, and logically it made sense for *someone* to fix things that would otherwise be mired in councils, governments, and red tape. Some people were like that - they believed because it was an earnest belief. Not as extreme as Reven, but they felt something could be done, and it could be done better than CoRe and the Marshalship. They felt this was better. Others were different - they embraced the Ideal like a religion, like it and Reven himself were the core of everything they knew, everything they did.

Q: You mentioned that 'some' say Reven is insane. Is that belief widespread? Is it debated between followers and others? ...what do you personally think of him?

A: It's debated. Some people believe he's insane, and still think he's better than CoRe - some people think he's insane but are still with the Void out of fear. Some are refugees and have nowhere else to go. Some people think he's sane, and everything makes perfect sense. With me, I disagree with a lot of his methods. Like this war, I don't think it's needed. I believe the Ideal - not utopia, but just the common belief that the multiverse comes before everything, that all of this...political tape, all these different councils and delegates, and all this...it's not right. There's got to be a way that doesn't involve so much bureaucracy. So much waiting.

Q: Do you think that as it is, Reven can accomplish what he's set out to do?

A: I don't know. As it stands, a utopia - a perfect multiverse - is something that I both can't grasp, and to be honest, there's a part of me that wonders if I would know it if I saw it. As it is? If he did accomplish it, somehow, then I...I don't know what would be left. I don't know what other lines he's willing to cross to see what he percieves to be 'ideal'.

Q: Members of the Void, knowing that they follow a mortal man, follow orders which include killing other sentient beings. Sometimes, followers even judge the necessity of killing on their own. How do they judge the appropriateness of this, and how do they cope with the knowledge that the people they kill are more than likely good people with personal lives? In the second case, it's dealing with killing people belonging to CoRe and the Marshalship, who are known widely to promote peace and prosperity. How do they specifically cope with killing people who they know seek to do this?

A: In the first...particularly when it comes to war, people die. It's not pretty, and it's not something anyone should be able to take lightly, or carelessly. I can tell you there's good people aboard the Void - people that have died, people that have been killed by Marshals or those aligned. Does this mean that every person that's contributed to death aboard the Void is cold and unfeeling because they have to be? Some are, I'll admit. Some have just accepted that they're going to do what may potentially damn them, again, for that overreaching goal. But I don't think that's all of them, just like it isn't the same way for Marshals or those aligned. This is coming from a denizen of a world that largely doesn't *have* even violence this widespread, though. My eyes might be tinted in that scope.

Q: You didn't do any work for the Void beyond your own world, right?

A: No. All in all... I just stole some Pokemon. I guess that's why I'm allowed a lot of freedom - I was only charged with theft and attempted theft. I... thinking about it I don't think if I could've done those things if someone asked me to. I was told I never had to - I just had to believe. That was enough.

Q: Do you think you would have been expected to adhere more to the Void's usual policies on violence if you had completed your mission and left your world? Or do you think they intended to leave you stationed there?

A: It would've made more sense to have me stationed there, I think. I knew how the planet worked, after all, and many wouldn't respect it.

Q: Going back to the question of killing, if you don't mind.. Is it something that you would say the Void justifies by the Ideal's system of prioritization?

A: I think so. Other people that have risen in power in the Void - like Verse Swiftblade, in particular - have dialed that back a lot. Since Verse became Reven's Left Hand, things have slowed considerably on that front - at least, in terms of planets being judged and the like.

Q: Speaking of Miss Verse, that leads to another question someone had. It's been stated before that Reven welcomes those who seek to overthrow him, and freely invites assassination attempts upon himself. Do you know if he extends the same virtue to those who seek the life of his lieutenants or other commanders?

A: I don't think anyone's ever attempted anything on anyone that wasn't Reven before. It wouldn't make very much sense - Reven's death, after all, secures his assassin the Space Gift. There's no such palpable gain for anyone else, I don't think...

Q: The implied gain would be a seat of power at Reven's side. Say, if someone sought the life of Raven or Miss Verse, in order to win their position, knowing that they couldn't defeat Reven himself. That would imply that they would get the equivalent level of influence upon Reven's actions.

A: I'm not entirely sure it works like that in the Void's chain of command. It's more likely that if someone DID kill Raven or Verse, they'd just... get killed by Reven. At the very least, it hasn't been attempted, so... hard to say what could be.

Q: Are there any records of attempts on Reven so far?

A: 43. Most of them were in the Void's first year or so of existence, tapering off but never fully stopping as months went by.

Q: That's as of the last you saw, right? So it could be more now?

A: That's right.

Q: As far as you know, why did Reven name his organization 'The Void,' when the very word implies emptiness of everything, rather than order?

A: I don't really know. ...There's a couple of theories, but he's always been evasive on the subject. One theory is that the followers of the Ideal, by definition, are going to be doing something potentially the rest of this...conflict that would render them hated, excommunicated from society and such. So the Void represents that - the void of people's social and personal lives willingly given to further the whole of the multiverse. That's just a theory, though. No one's ever been able to confirm for sure. But I don't think the name in and of itself was ever really that important to a lot of people so much as the Ideal. It could be called Reven's House of Bad Evil Guys and if the Ideal was strong they'd go for it.

Q: Then.. For the last of my submitted questions.. please bear with this, as it takes some explaining. If one follows the basic principles of temporal causality, one of the main points in that is that time is not linear in nature. Causality can change.. well.. everything. Going by this, the fact that we're here at all and fighting the Void means that Reven will never achieve his desired control over time and space, to carry out his desired plan. The reason for this is that if Reven had such control, then our situation right now would never have existed, because matters would have already long since been resolved. Is this a matter which is taken into consideration by the Void? The fact that our very existence is proof that his plans will never reach full fruition?

A: The proper answer for that, I think, is twofold. Threefold, even. The first is that no matter what, people want to believe. That is something common in all sentient beings - they will willingly throw logic and proof out the window if they can have hope in one last ditch solution - one last thing to believe in. If you tell them there's a 0% chance, some people will say, 'Well, at least it's approximately 0%. Some people, though, in terms of followers? They don't take courses in Casuality, nor do they go out of their way to teach it on the Void for obvious reasons. What you just said isn't common knowledge to the common person - that can't really be debated. It can be told, but it isn't. A paper or thesis on the subject that's specifically designed for people on the Void? That might work to divert some people, if it's possible to get it there. But I wouldn't say it's...something that a lot of people will fully comphrehend, much less accept.

Q: Do you think there are those on the Void who are aware of such things, and still accept it?

A: Likely so. It's possible that some people may accept that and still keep going for fear of turning back - how can you, particularly the ones that HAVE come this far? The ones that have contributed to death?

Q: Reven's opinion of the Marshalship is well-documented. But is that opinion widespread among the rest of the Void? Is it a view that's actively encouraged, through various means?

A: About as much as it is through Gatekeeper right now. There's no posters with Gatekeeper with a red circle and a line through it on the walls, but the Marshalship is the enemy, the red tape that blocks progress, and that's...generally acknowledged by a lot of people on the Void. Some people view them as just adversaries; some people view them as 'the enemy' in every sense of the word. I don't think it's full blown, but it's certainly not dissuaded.

Q: Are there a lot of reports and the like, concerning Marshalship activities and their negative repercussions? Or is it mostly concerning Marshalship obstruction of well-intended Void goals?

A: A lot of it was reports, play by play, of each Void operation as it happened - a lot of them were actual terrible things. Some people said it was to show the Void could do terrible things...some people said it was so that the terrible things wouldn't be forgotten or shoved aside. he Marshalship actually doesn't figure a lot into news feeds unless it's something very obvious that points out a flaw - it happens on occasion.

Q: So the Void goes out of its way to make sure no one has illusions about the moral nature of what they're doing.

A: Yeah. There's not a lot of propaganda - I think there used to be, but it was by followers more than any actual leader-headed movement. The thing about the Void is that like any rebellion - and that's what they are, sort of working towards a dictatorship if I have the term right - they're not all one autonomous predictable group, even under the Ideal.

Q: More personally, how long did you spend on the Void? You mentioned spending time in a library made by the Champions of the Void, before. Did you visit any other interesting places, or meet other interesting people?

A: I spent a total of four days. It wasn't very long - the only reason I know what I know is because I asked a lot of questions. The Champions of the Ideal were probably some of the more interesting people - the Void in itself actually, in structure, isn't a lot different from Gatekeeper. It's just a ship.

Q: Were there any others from your world that accompanied you?

A: Not that stayed on, I don't believe. A couple of them I think honestly embarrassed my world in general, so it's not really the sort of thing I like to admit.

Q: I won't ask you to name anyone, of course. So the Void actually rejected them, and sent them back home?

A: That's right. I think you guys fought the only other one, but I think she was tolerated more than she was kept on specifically due to her talent.

That was the extent of the discussion as it concerned interview questions. The interviewee, Mr. Deimos, was politely thanked, and agreed to respond to any followup questions which may arise from this.

Excellen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum