Morning Self Defense Classes

Go down

Morning Self Defense Classes

Post by Crono on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:55 pm

TO: Blaze of Glory Posting Board

As you are all well aware, Visyet Ruhiim has resigned some time ago now to refocus his efforts on instruction at his home and upon the broader scope of Gatekeeper, now that travel with his home has been opened. Having been one to appreciate his efforts in ensuring we had an accessible class for all to attend in terms of martial arts, I've taken the tests and succeeded in becoming certified to instruct in Close Quarters Combat under the Marshalship. As a result of this, I'd like to re-open the morning classes in his absence in an effort to keep us prepared.

Instruction will be held every weekday morning from 10 AM to 11:30 AM in the gym. These include the basics of offense and defense while unarmed (striking, blocking, parrying, standing and ground grappling, trips and throws, etc.) as well as exercise techniques and training in basic melee weapons. These classes are public and open for anyone to participate, but rarely go beyond the basics -- this keeps it accessible to people who are at a beginner level, but still good for experienced people who want exercise, who want to help teach (always welcome), or who just want to brush up on the basics.

Otherwise, I'm far from a personal instructor, but I won't turn down any requests unless I'm certain I'd do more harm than good. My specialties focus on dual blade styles and staves. Likewise, while we are stationed in Gatekeeper, I would more recommend following Mr. Ruhiim's courses and instruction than anything else.

Thank you for your time,
Crono Arinborn
Crono

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum