#DimensionJumpersRPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fate of the Gift of Dimensional Time Magic

+5
Great_Mazinger
Shaila
devilmanrach
Erilahl
LocheEric
9 posters

Go down

The Fate of the Gift of Dimensional Time Magic Empty The Fate of the Gift of Dimensional Time Magic

Post by LocheEric Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:23 am

This intranet has been set up for both private and public discussion on what precisely to do about what happens to the Gift once it's removed from me.

It upsets me that I'd have to say this, I would ask that personal and/or condescending insults be kept off this forum, as there's plenty of room to say it face to face, or address ludicrous claims in person.

Private concerns can be sent to me via private message or in my office, if you don't feel comfortable saying so in public.

Thank you.

- Captain Ralf Derrison

LocheEric

Number of posts : 112
Tagline : Four on the floor, baby!
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

The Fate of the Gift of Dimensional Time Magic Empty Re: The Fate of the Gift of Dimensional Time Magic

Post by Erilahl Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:27 am

My personal opinion lies in keeping the Gift ready, at least for now, as a weapon to use against Reven. While in the long run it may be better off sealed or destroyed, detroying such a powerful tool now seems like outright folly to me. That said, I do not deny the myriad problems that stem from keeping it around, both ones that already exist and new ones that would be created removing it from Ralf.

There is the interesting situation that anyone who would volunteer to take it should probably not be given it, as they are likely seeking the power for their own ends. Where we could find someone both altruistic and capable of using the ability, I do not know at this time. Such individuals are few and far between, on any planet in any universe.

Truly though, it seems a shame to let such a potential for such good in the multiverse go to waste. While I ultimately will not fight Ralf in what he decides to do, I agree that this all must be considered very carefully. Error in the coming days in any direction could spell disaster great and small.

Finally, I would address the point brought up at the meeting that destruction of the Gift could cause catastrophic results if that route is decided on. Most great magics are very complex, and unraveling and straightening their complex weaves must be done with the utmost caution, or the resulting ethereal vibrations can do untold harm. Should this be the path chosen in the end by Ralf, I strongly recommend that we send as many skilled mages as we can to attempt to ease the dissolution. Were it an option I would say recruiting from beyond merely the Blaze of Glory. However, due to secrecy I understand that may not be viable. So I would recommend any willing to aid in such an endeavor to steel themselves through this next week, just in case.

-Ziranathz
Erilahl
Erilahl

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

The Fate of the Gift of Dimensional Time Magic Empty Re: The Fate of the Gift of Dimensional Time Magic

Post by devilmanrach Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:23 pm

I don't know jack about magic, but I think getting rid of it would let us learn how to jack Reven's power before we finally beat his ass into submission.

-Shishio
devilmanrach
devilmanrach

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaila Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:00 pm

The advantages we gain from destroying the Gift far outweigh the disadvantages. With the Gift we're the target of any number of power plays. Not to mention once it's in the hands of an organization instead of an individual person there could be any number of infiltrations and betrayals with people attempting to get the Gift for themselves. We can't know beforehand the best person to give this to if we want to give it to another person. Suddenly getting hold of that power could change someone immensely in a very short amount of time. Volunteers I'd say would be inherently untrustworthy, and I doubt Ralf would want to give it to someone who doesn't want it.

Without the Gift? Things would pretty much be the same. Ralf has in my memory only used the Gift to help our efforts what...three times? We're more than capable of defeating Reven without it. What advantage we would gain keeping the Gift is not worth the disadvantages.

So I think the Gift should be destroyed.

-Shaila Swiftblade
Shaila
Shaila

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by Erilahl Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:08 pm

I don't know a great deal about magic, it's always been pretty confusing to me. But it seems an awfully dangerous thing to have around if we don't need it. Better to use safer ways to fight, I think. We'll win with whatever tricks we have, I know!

Andrea
Erilahl
Erilahl

Back to top Go down

Post by Great_Mazinger Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:22 pm

I won't go into an unnecessarily longwinded explanation about this scenario. But the Gift of Time, like any other super weapon, will attract both negative attention and possible attacks, especially since we already know who is after it. The only true way to keep it safely out of the enemy's hands is to destroy it. If we've been keeping it away from them for any period of time, with the limited knowledge we have about the Gift of Time, then we can deal with them without it. I suggest we dispose of it, by launching it into a star if needs be. I don't mean to imply anything, but it's a well known fact that power corrupts.
-Seijou Yuzaki, M.D.

Great_Mazinger

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:36 pm

Seconding Shaila's opinion. - Ness

I come from a dimension where the most powerful people live with the constant temptation to abuse their powers, where even the most disciplined and iron-willed practitioner of the Force has to listen to the whispers of their own dark side. While the Time Gift certainly has its uses, I believe the potential for abuse is too great to leave it in the hands of any one person. - Revia
Kuro
Kuro

Number of posts : 41
Tagline : I'll fuck out both your eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Madoushi Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:47 pm

I do no want Ralf's power, nor do I care if he keeps it..

I will do as I have always done, and fight as I have always fought. If I have to, I will rip out Reven's heart with my bare hands.

However, before I came to this ship, I fought an enemy much stronger than myself. I did not know how I would win, yet I fought on anyway. And though I always survived, often I did at great cost.

Now I have come to a place of a much larger scale, where beings like Planeswalkers run rampant, and weapons exist on a Planar scale. But perhaps there remain even larger scales, places where powers exist even greater than those of the Gifts of Space and Time. With what weapons would we fight such a power, but for our strongest?

I merely ask that you consider all the possibilities. Consider... and REMEMBER MY WORDS!!!

- Cytorix

Madoushi

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Friend Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:17 pm

Cytorix, there will always be a bigger fish out there in the infinite seas of reality. You cannot risk what you have now for something that may or may not strike out from the darkness.

Destroy it. There's no need to have it. I do not understand why this is even up for debate.

- The Ziz
The Friend
The Friend

Tagline : Let's Play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Erilahl Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:27 pm

You are correct, of course, that there will always be other problems. However, that doesn't mean we need to cripple ourselves in the face of the current one. As Cytorix said, why shouldn't we use our strongest weapons against a foe who will do everything they can to utterly annihilate us? Regardless of the grand scheme, in the local one Reven is much more than a tin-pot warlord who can be ignored for a few years.

-Ziranathz
Erilahl
Erilahl

Back to top Go down

Post by nephrite Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:45 pm

It is a simple matter. Take the Gift and use it to destroy Reven's Gift. It should be a simple matter once it is extracted to discern how this can be done.

-Shu Shirakawa

nephrite

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Friend Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:31 pm

How would we would be crippling ourselves if we got rid of something that is potentially dangerous to every living thing? Ingenuity and thought will always trump pure force. This weapon isn't necessary and if there is a chance to destroy it then do it as soon as possible.

The longer you wait, the greater chance there is of it falling into the wrong hands. If it's kept then it will be used as a weapon by the Marshalship or by CoRe. No matter how sterling an organization may seem, I guarantee you they would not blink at the prospect of weaponizing something as potentially devastating as that. If not used for weaponry, it will be used for organizational gain.

There are more ways to do good than to have an olive branch in one hand and a big stick in the other.

- The Ziz
The Friend
The Friend

Tagline : Let's Play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:33 pm

The Friend wrote:Ingenuity and thought will always trump pure force. - The Ziz

We've defeated Reven and his forces time and time again without the Time Gift's help. Destroying the gift will make little to no difference in our future battles. The Blaze of Glory has spent far more time at Gatekeeper than other ships of its type, and Captain Derrison has been kept hidden away, surrounded by bodyguards, and prevented from even using the gift for fear of Reven sensing it and arriving to take it. Would the situation change if the gift is passed to another? I do not think it would.

As for the Time Gift's use as a trump card, we have plenty of other means of surprising our enemies and turning the tables when battles aren't going in our favour. - Revia
Kuro
Kuro

Number of posts : 41
Tagline : I'll fuck out both your eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down